Credit Card Resources
- Credit Card Comparison
Tired of comparing credit cards? Use our online credit card comparison tool to browse and compare the top credit card offers available on the web and apply online.
- Credit Card Glossary
If you don't understand the credit card terms, credit card offers and statements could only confuse you and finally lead you to deep debt. Here you can find out what these frequently used credit card terms mean.
- Financial Institution Service Directory
Looking for credit card customer service contact info? You can search this directory to find all financial institution contact info and customer service numbers on file.
- Credit Card Account Management
We have listed a collection of bank or card issuers' account log-in access web address in alphabetical order for you to log-in and manage your credit card accounts. The website link will be shown redirecting you in the new window to the login page, your account data is not saved on creditcardflyers.com
- Credit Reports and Score Monitoring
You can get your report and score on-line including monitoring services. We recomment you to check your credit report annually before you apply credit cards.
Federal Trade Commission
Toll-Free: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357)
|The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
Consumer Protection - Fair Credit Billing
Have you ever been billed for merchandise you returned or never received? Has your credit card company ever charged you twice for the same item or failed to credit a payment to your account? While frustrating, these errors can be corrected. It takes a little patience and knowledge of the dispute settlement procedures provided by the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).
Toll-Free: 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338)
The FTC is the federal clearinghouse for complaints by victims of identity theft. Although the FTC does not have the authority to bring criminal cases, the FTC assists victims of identity theft by providing them with information to help them resolve the financial and other problems that can result from identity theft.
The JumpStart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy
The Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy seeks to improve the personal financial literacy of young adults by evaluating their financial literacy; developing, disseminating and encouraging the use of standards for grades K-12; and promoting the teaching of personal finance.
Don't be Lost
A lost or stolen wallet or purse is a gold mine of information for identity thieves. If your wallet or purse is lost or stolen:
- File a report with the police immediately and keep a copy.
- Cancel your credit cards. Call the issuer(s) immediately. Many companies have 24-hour toll-free numbers to deal with such emergencies. The number is on your monthly statement.
- Get new cards with new account numbers.
- Call the fraud departments of the major credit reporting agencies, and ask each agency to put a “fraud alert” on your account:
- Equifax 1-800-525-6285
- Experian 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion 1-800-680-7289
- Report the loss to the fraud department of the bank where you have your checking and savings accounts. Ask about the next steps regarding your accounts, including your ATM or debit card.
- Review your credit reports regularly and have them corrected when necessary.
- Report a missing driver’s license to your state department of motor vehicles.
- Change your home and car locks, if your keys were taken.
|About Lost or Stolen Credit Cards...
|If your card is lost or stolen, federal law protects you from owing more than $50 per card-but only if you report that the card was lost or stolen within two days of discovering the loss or theft. If you suspect any fraudulent purchases, you may be asked to sign a statement under oath that you did not make the purchase(s) in question., it’s important to ask for details before agreeing to any debt-relief services.
Credit Check-up, Dispute and Credit Report Error Correction
Equifax Information Services LLC
Sample Credit Report Error Correction Letter
Dear Sir or Madam:
I have discovered inaccurate information on my credit report maintained by -- credit agency name --. The report is in my name -- enter your full name here -- and my Social Security number is -- enter your Social Security number here --.
Enclosed, please find a copy of my credit report containing the mistaken data. I have highlighted the errors. Specifically, the following information is in wrong:
The Fair Credit Reporting Act following defines the following as billing errors that must be corrected. Pick those that apply to your situation and detail for the credit bureau what you believe is the mistake. Be sure to list the creditor's name and account number for which the incorrect data appears:
- A purchase made by someone other than the account's authorized user or something that you did not buy.
- A disagreement between the purchase price and the price shown on the bill.
- A charge for a product or service that was not delivered according to agreement.
- Mathematical errors.
- Questionable items or any entries for which you need more information.
Please investigate this matter with the creditor in question and you should find there is an error. When that is confirmed, please remove this error from my credit report.
In addition, please make this letter a permanent part of my credit record.
If you have any questions about my request or the credit information in question, please do not hesitate to call me at -- work or home phone number --, depending upon when you would prefer to discuss the matter.
Thank you for your prompt attention to my request.
Your Typed Name
City, State and ZIP Code
Enclosure: credit report