Answered by Vanessa Watson, expert at CreditCardFlyers.com:
There is one card offered by Kohl’s:
It also comes with access to at least 12 special discounts during the year, giving you 15%, 20% or 30% off purchases. If you spend $600 with your card you gain Most Valued Customer or MVC status, raising the number of discounts you get during the year to 18.
With this card you receive discounts which you can combine with store sales or with Kohl's Cash®, which is earned at special events during the year, to stretch out savings. But the rewards you earn can only be used at Kohl's and you do not earn other reward points or miles with this card.
When it comes to store-branded cards these rewards are pretty standard, and there is no annual fee for this card. That said, the 23.99% APR is rather high when compared to other credit cards. While researching credit card offerings you will find that you can earn rewards that can be used for everything from merchandise and gift cards to flights and hotels.
I wanted to include a few rewards credit cards from a variety of issuers for you to check out. These cards, in addition to all benefits they have, come with rewards programs allowing you to earn cash back or points per dollar spent. For instance, Discover cards will give you access to their Discover Deals portal where you can save 5% on Kohl’s purchases.
0% Intro APR on Purchases: 12 months
Ongoing APR: 11.9% - 19.9% (Variable)
- 5% Earnings on your first $5,000 in purchases every year.
- Unlimited 2% Earnings on every purchase after that.
- Redeem Earnings toward the purchase or lease of a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle.
- Save even more when you combine your available Earnings with most current GM offers and incentives.
Ongoing APR: 17.90% - 23.90% (Variable)*
- Unlimited 1% cash back gas rewards.
- No limit to the gas rewards you can earn.
- Get Pre-Qualified without affecting your credit score.
- Automatic reviews for credit line increase opportunities.
- Zero fraud liability protects you from unauthorized charges.
0% Intro APR on Purchases: until January 2016
Ongoing APR: 22.9% (Variable)
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day.
- No rotating categories and no sign ups needed to earn cash rewards.
- Redeem the cash back you earn for any amount, any time - cash back doesn′t expire and there′s no limit to how much you can earn.
0% Intro APR on Purchases: 14 months
Ongoing APR: 10.99% - 22.99% Variable±
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.
- Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Ongoing APR: 19.8% (Variable)
- Earn 1% cash back on all purchases, plus a 25% bonus on the cash back you earn each month you pay on time - for a total of 1.25% cash back
- There′s no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards don′t expire.
Finding a card that offers lucrative rewards, along with low interest rates, reasonable fees, and additional benefits and travel perks can be a great way of making a credit card work for you. It’s really important to consider all your options when you’re looking for a new credit card, whether you’re looking for a card that gives you more travel options or innovative ways of getting cash back.
financial expert at CreditCardFlyers.com
want to share my experience with other
* See Card Terms & Conditions for Details.
± Click apply for Terms & Conditions.
until January 2016